Thank you for your interest! Tax-deductible donations to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation may be made by clicking on the following link or by contacting Ann K. Gregorie for more information: 225-344-4803 or email@example.com
Formed in 1989, the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation is the charitable arm of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, and serves the following purposes:
- To improve and facilitate the administration of justice
- To promote study and research in the field of law
- To provide legal services to the indigent and mentally disabled
- To provide educational support and outreach to youth in the Greater Baton Rouge Area.
The Bar Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that raises funds to support its programs. Donations to the BRBF are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. There are several ways to donate through participation and/or sponsorship of events and other giving opportunities. Your gift funds pro bono, public service and legal education programs in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.
- Annual Ball Maul Golf Tournament
- Annual Belly Up with the Bar Fundraiser
- Cy pres - The Baton Rouge Bar Foundation benefits from the doctrine of cy pres. Cy pres directs class action residuals (and other funds resulting from lawsuits) to legal service providers and other non-profit organizations. As our volunteer programs fit the criteria for cy pres awards, we invite trial lawyers to nominate the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation for consideration in such cases where a cy pres component is present.
Stocks, Planned Giving and bequests – Individuals interested in making sustainable contributions to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation, should contact Ann K. Gregorie.
Go Casual for . . . Pro Bono
a jeans day event to benefit the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation on Oct. 18, 2013.
Tax deductible donations may be made to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation may be made
by clicking on the following link (and be sure to select PRO BONO in the pull-down menu).
As part of National Pro Bono Week (Oct. 20–26, 2013), the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation is coordinating the 2nd Go Casual for Pro Bono jeans day fundraiser competition to benefit the Pro Bono Project. Employees at participating offices (both large and small!) donate $5 (or more!) to wear jeans to work on Friday, Oct. 18 (or any day the office designates).
Your firm’s participation is the key to making Go Casual for Pro Bono a success, so feel free to customize your event to "suit" your firm culture. A list of proven tips is attached. And what do we win? In addition to the overwhelming feeling of satisfaction you will gain from supporting the BRBF, your office will be competing for recognition at an upcoming bar event. We will divide the competitors into categories based on office size, so fear not small firms and solo practitioners, you still have a fighting chance! The top contributors from each category will be honored with a certificate and will gain bragging rights as well!
Participating in Go Casual for Pro Bono is easy
- To enter the fundraising contest, your office will need to designate a contact person and notify Emily Chambers of your office size including support staff (small- 1 to 10 employees, medium- 11 to 25 employees, large- 26+ employees) and the date of your jeans day.
- Collect donations. Donations can be made by check (payable to "BRBF"), cash, or online at brba.org (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover). To donate online, please select the ‘Donate’ link or Go Casual banner on our homepage. You will be directed to the Donate page and will follow the links to the ‘Payment Screen’ pop-up window. Please select ‘Pro Bono Project’ in the drop-down menu, in the Invoice Information section. For assistance, please contact the Bar Association at 225-344-4803.
- Turn in donations to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation immediately following your jeans day. We will keep track of all donations. Don’t Forget: You are competing against other participating workplaces!
Remember, Go Casual for Pro Bono is a fundraising opportunity AND a competition. For more information or to register your workplace, please contact: Emily Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-214-5558. Tax deductible donations may be made to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation may be made by clicking on the following link (and be sure to select PRO BONO in the pull-down menu).