Thank you for your interest! Tax-deductible donations to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation may be made by clicking on the following link or by contacting Ann K. Gregorie for more information: 225-344-4803 or email@example.com
Formed in 1989, the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation is the charitable arm of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, and serves the following purposes:
- To improve and facilitate the administration of justice
- To promote study and research in the field of law
- To provide legal services to the indigent and mentally disabled
- To provide educational support and outreach to youth in the Greater Baton Rouge Area.
The Bar Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that raises funds to support its programs. Donations to the BRBF are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. There are several ways to donate through participation and/or sponsorship of events and other giving opportunities. Your gift funds pro bono, public service and legal education programs in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.
- Annual Ball Maul Golf Tournament
- Annual Belly Up with the Bar Fundraiser
- Cy pres - The Baton Rouge Bar Foundation benefits from the doctrine of cy pres. Cy pres directs class action residuals (and other funds resulting from lawsuits) to legal service providers and other non-profit organizations. As our volunteer programs fit the criteria for cy pres awards, we invite trial lawyers to nominate the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation for consideration in such cases where a cy pres component is present.
Stocks, Planned Giving and bequests – Individuals interested in making sustainable contributions to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation, should contact Ann K. Gregorie.
Go Casual for . . . Pro Bono
a jeans day event to benefit the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation
Tax deductible donations may be made to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation by clicking on this link (and be sure to select PRO BONO in the pull-down menu).
As part of National Pro Bono Week (Oct. 20-26, 2013), the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation coordinated the 2nd Go Casual for Pro Bono jeans day fundraiser competition to benefit the Pro Bono Project.
Employees at participating offices (both large and small) donated $5 (or more) to wear jeans to work on Friday, Oct. 18 (or any day the office designated). We are grateful to all of those who participated and whose donations made Go Casual for Pro Bono a great success. Your generous donations allowed us to raise almost $2400 in 2013 - more than twice the amount we raised in 2012!
Go Casual for Pro Bono is a fundraiser AND a competition and it is our pleasure to recognize all participating offices and the top fundraisers in each category for 2013:
Large Firm Participants:
Baton Rouge City Court
Shows, Cali & Walsh
Taylor, Porter, Brooks & Phillips, LLP (winner)
Medium Firm Participants:
Division of Administrative Law (Baton Rouge Office)
The Family Court of East Baton Rouge (winner)
The Juvenile Court
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
Walters, Papillion, Thomas, Cullen
Small/Solo Firm Participants:
Akers & Wisbar
Garth Ridge, Attorney at Law
Hon. Melvin Shortess (winner)
Pierce & Shows
For more information or to register your workplace for the 2014 Competition, please contact Emily Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-214-5558. Tax deductible donations may be made to the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation by clicking on this link (and be sure to select PRO BONO in the pull-down menu).