Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS)
The Baton Rouge Bar Association offers this community service to aid the public in obtaining legal services. At this initial consultation, the lawyer will provide advice about the specific legal issue. For a referral, contact Chris McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-344-9926. Note: The Baton Rouge Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service is not associated with pro bono, sliding scale or free legal services. For more information on free legal services contact Southeast Louisiana Legal Services 1-800-349-0886 or apply online at http://www.slls.org/
The Lawyer Referral Service offers you:
Why Contact the Baton Rouge Lawyer Referral Service for Referrals?
- Referral to an experienced lawyer, if you need one
- An initial consultation of up to 30 minutes with a lawyer for a fee of no more than $50
- It's a non-profit service for the public's benefit.
- Unbiased referrals based on lawyer's qualifications.
- Credibility and credentials.
- Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or bank debit card
- Payment is made at the time of the referral. A one-time non-refundable charge of $50 will be billed to your account. Referrals not kept will still be charged $50.
What will I need for the initial consultation with a lawyer?
- Bring all relevant documents and information to your first appointment
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all persons involved
- Documents such as lease agreements and contracts